Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

November: I'm Dreaming of...

Beef noodle soup from the famous Yong Kang Beef Noodle Restaurant in Taipei

I can't believe it's already November.  It's certainly gotten a lot chillier!  With Thanksgiving and Halloween now over, I always feel like now it's time to plan for Christmas, and plans I definitely have, but...maybe a little break before the craziness of gatherings/baking/shopping begins!

November...I'm dreaming of...

- Hot chocolate, rich and creamy like ones made in Paris...as described here and by David Lebovitz in his book The Sweet Life in Paris.
- Yummy bowls of ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup...my go to place in Toronto, Beef Noodle Restaurant but the Taiwanese restaurant Mama Bear has been on my radar, the only problem is they're always packed!
- Soupy Xiao Long Baos that are so delicately made (check out Northern Dumpling Kitchen)
- Scarves...scarves...scarves
- And of course...pots of tea!  Hmmmm, maybe many little cups of Alishan Oolong Tea, or a nice roasted tea, or a deep caramel-ly hong shui.


No comments:

Post a Comment